[Jesus] said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.” 1 Jn 20:21-23
“Those who approach the sacrament of Penance obtain pardon from God’s mercy for the offense committed against him, and are, at the same time, reconciled with the Church which they have wounded by their sins and which by charity, by example, and by prayer labors for their conversion.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1422
The Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation is offered every Saturday at 9:00AM at St. Louis Parish. Confession may also be by private appointment with the pastor. Please contact the parish office for an appointment.
First Reconciliation at St. Louis Parish
Children participating in the St. Louis religious education/faith formation program begin preparation for receiving the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist in the first grade. In the second grade they begin a more comprehensive preparation and are also expected to complete an at home workbook for each of the Sacraments. Once a child can aptly express in a personal interview with the pastor or his representative that they have an understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Eucharist, a date may be scheduled for them to receive the Sacrament.
First Reconciliation Requirements
- A child must be baptized. A copy of the certificate must be on file with the parish office.
- Attend the Religious Education Program.
- Each child is required to complete the First Reconciliation Preparation materials with their parents.
- Children and their parents are expected to attend Mass.
- Child interviews with pastor or his representative that they have an understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
For more information, please contact Deacon Ron Darschewski in the parish office by phone at 303.666.6401 or by email at Deacon.Ron@stlp.org.